Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scrolling LED with JK Flip Flops and 555 Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuntGather98

Hey guys,

I'm a complete noobie at electronics in comparison to a lot of people on this site and I am currently working on a circuit. (Diagram will follow) The objective of the circuit is to have the LEDs on the right part of the diagram light up in sequence scrolling in a vertical fashion. The circuit drawn does what I just described perfectly, but I wanted to know if anyone could point out a more efficient way to do it.

Description of circuit icons: The 8 circles at the right represent LEDs and the network of paths at the top is a hierarchy of analog switches (DPST). The JK flip flops scroll through 3 bits of binary to work through the hierarchy of analog switches.

**broken link removed**

So once again, is there a more efficient way to do what I want.

Thanks

Hey guys,

I'm a complete noobie at electronics in comparison to a lot of people on this site and I am currently working on a circuit. (Diagram will follow) The objective of the circuit is to have the LEDs on the right part of the diagram light up in sequence scrolling in a vertical fashion. The circuit drawn does what I just described perfectly, but I wanted to know if anyone could point out a more efficient way to do it.

Description of circuit icons: The 8 circles at the right represent LEDs and the network of paths at the top is a hierarchy of analog switches (DPST). The JK flip flops scroll through 3 bits of binary to work through the hierarchy of analog switches.

**broken link removed**

So once again, is there a more efficient way to do what I want.

Thanks

hi,
Look at this pdf for the 4017 ic.:)

Attachments

• 74HC_HCT4017_3.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 415
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back