Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCK on 18LF4520

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,
I am trying to get a 5110 LCd to run on a surface mount PCB with an 18LF4520 PIC.
I have LEDs flashing, so I know the PIC is 'alive', but at the SCK PIN 37 it goes high at start-up, but doesn't 'clock'
I've looked on the DS, and see there is a bit to switch it on, but I've not noticed it in programs I've seen, or perhaps I've missed it.
Any clues please? I'll keep trying.
Camerart.

Most people forget to TRIS the C port It will be high as it will be pulled high by the 5110..
Hi I,
I have TRISed the C port, so it must be something else.
C
Are you using hardware SPI? SSPCON1 = 0x20 turns on SPI..
Hi I,
Yes.
I tried that setting, but no SCK switching.
On the PCB I used 1.27mm spaced connector, which are a bit too close for soldering, so I will try again with 2.54 ones, and see what that brings, thanks.
C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back