Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

fools03

Hi, I am fairly new to electronics (taking a online course) and I am wondering where I can find some schematics. I have broken VCRs microwave,stereos etc. I am using these to practice with and it would be nice to have some diagrams to go by. Any suggestions? Thanks

I don't really get what you mean when you say that you want schematics to go by. Do you want schematics to build things, or do you want schematics of the tvs n vcrs that you have broken?

Either way, just go to google, type in what you are looking for, and chances are you will turn up something. You can use image search on google also so you can get a preview of the schematic, although a schematic is so complicated that in a tiny picture, you won't see much.

fools03 said:
Hi, I am fairly new to electronics (taking a online course) and I am wondering where I can find some schematics. I have broken VCRs microwave,stereos etc. I am using these to practice with and it would be nice to have some diagrams to go by. Any suggestions? Thanks

I would suggest you skip the microwave, or at least take exteme care with it!. A microwave uses high voltage, high current, DC - this is almost certain to be fatal. As such it's far more dangerous than any other electrical applicance in your house - nothing else comes anywhere close.

Also be aware that they include a capacitor, which can hold it's charge, there's a good chance of a fatal shock with the oven unplugged!.

u said that u are taking an online course so dont they provide u with schematics? i would say that dont go into VCRs, microwaves, stereos right now. gain a little knowledge of them first. build some projects, and then start looking into other things.

as nigel said, dont play around with that microwave. but keep it and dont throw it away. u might need that transformer in your microwave someday for a project.

if u want to look at schematics go to http://www.discovercircuits.com there are plenty of circuits there. start from the basics and when u have gained enough knowledge, go for bigger things like microcontrollers

i am 13 but good with electronics and blah blah blah..lets cut to the chase...take nigels suggestion to be careful.i have a microwave transformer too cause i love electric arcs:) but i have been shocked with 120v and i cant imagine a few killivolts would be anymore pleasant!!good luck with ur researches though!

viper77707(matthew)

Yeah, not only do microwaves use High Voltage, but they emit Microwave Radiation, which is really good for you in high doses (NOT!). . . Just look at what it does to your food, now imagine what it would do to your hand, you arm or you head etc.

As everyone else suggested, start with the basics and work up from there. . .

you could look here

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/index.htm

they have some projects to teach you the basics, and some good tutorials

viper77707 said:
i am 13 but good with electronics and blah blah blah..lets cut to the chase...take nigels suggestion to be careful.i have a microwave transformer too cause i love electric arcs:) but i have been shocked with 120v and i cant imagine a few killivolts would be anymore pleasant!!good luck with ur researches though!

viper77707(matthew)

Well, if you ever just barely brush up against a live 220 line hanging out of a wall, like I did once, you will be a strong beliaver in caution with high voltages.

Now, I have been zapped dozens of time by a 250kV Tesla Coil, freaky, but not painful or dangerous...

You have come to the right place!

zachtheterrible said:
I don't really get what you mean when you say that you want schematics to go by. Do you want schematics to build things, or do you want schematics of the tvs n vcrs that you have broken?

Either way, just go to google, type in what you are looking for, and chances are you will turn up something. You can use image search on google also so you can get a preview of the schematic, although a schematic is so complicated that in a tiny picture, you won't see much.

Hmm, sounds like an amazing thing this Google! Maybe we sound just shut all these forums down, (the numerous times I've seen posts reading "just Google it")- we have no need at all for these forums!
To the original poster-fools03, I'm sure you are aware Google exists! Have a look in the projects section of this forum and continue to ask questions of the people who are part of this forum and who have a great combined wealth of knowledge.
Cheers,
Grant

Hmm, sounds like an amazing thing this Google! Maybe we sound just shut all these forums down, (the numerous times I've seen posts reading "just Google it")- we have no need at all for these forums!

Same to u Grant Fleming.

fools03 said:

Here, try digesting all the information at these links. Take 4 aspirin and report back in the morning.:rolleyes:
**broken link removed**
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/tshoot.htm
http://www.radiolocman.com/
http://www.schematicsforfree.com/archive/
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
http://intrepid-video.com./techhelp.htm

yea but tesla coils are often high frequency and due to the voltage gain it is not any more than a miliamp.but yeah other than that dont mess with high voltages is the bottom line

There's still more than enough power to burn your flesh and a spark an easilly form connecting you to the primary side allowing a high current to flow and zap you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back