Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic software???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lompa

its there any good free stuff, i have got linear technology ltspice/switcherCED III, is there any better ones

i cannot find a PIC or any Microcontrollers in that software, what do you use to just draw schematics, i dont need to simulate

thanks

Well, if it's microcontrollers you're looking for, I'd recommend Eagle 4.13 Light Edition. Despite the lable "light", it basically has everything you need as far as as schematic drafting and autorouting go. The only major restrictions are the board size (4 x 3.2 inches maximum), and the 2-layer limit. The component library contains PICs and AVRs in both DIP and SO packaging (where applicable). My only complaint is that I couldn't find any simple SOIC packages in the library because it seemed to be locked.

PCB design was even easier. Just place the parts and type "auto;" in the command line. The ERC adjustments were a little non-intuitive, but I'm somewhat of a newb at it anyway, so that doesn't speak volumes.

And otherwise I found it pretty easy to use. You might say the learning curve here was very generous. Its a really nice no-nonsence tool if you ask me. Well, I hope this is the information you were looking for.

MultiSIM 2001 - Electronics Workbench.

Xilinx.

(If you ll get the demo version of MutliSIM, you wont be able to save your work. Although, you can copy and paste your circuit to a word file and open it from there next time you are about to use it :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back