Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sample heating/cooling system

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhysZe

Hello everyone!

I'm currently an intern at the Vilnius University Laser Research Center and I must develop a small dimension (aprox~40mmx60mmx5mm) sample heating/cooling system with a temperature range of -2ºC up to 150ºC for my setup. I was thinking of a single peltier element to achieve this temperature range, but, as I see from this thread: [ https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/can-i-use-peltier-modules-as-a-heater.103525/ ], that might be a difficult and even impossible solution to my problem.

What made me think about a peltier device is the fact that I need something not too bulky and that can have a hole in its center (for sample backlighting purposes). Do you know any other solutions that may help me? (probably two different setups, one for heating - using resistors - and other for cooling?)

Thank you very much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back