Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rotary Laser level detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldman60

Hi,
I have a small chain trencher, the kind that you would use to put in a sprinkler system. I would like to use it to put in drainage systems which require an accurate slope for the bottom of the trench. I can input a slope into a rotary level laser and I would like the depth to match. I am thinking of using a raspberry pi 4 for control, but I don't know what sensor I should use. I would like to use the same units in the readily available detectors like dewalt, johnson or leica.

If you mean a laser sensor then you could use an array of Ldr's.

Whenever I do anything like this I use a clear tube with coloured water in as a level. Attach the tube to a stick at each end, place next to each other and mark the water level. If you want your second stick to be 1 inch lower than the first then the water level should be 2 inch higher than the mark.

Mike.

The array of LDR's sounds perfect. Can you recommend a manufacturer, part or even an appropriate search term. I keep finding chips that are really expensive when a search on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back