Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

robotic arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitin21

hi to all of you! im a junior student of computer engineering and we are intructed by our professor to make a simple robot arm and i need your help coz i really don't know much about this.. :?

Re: electronics project..

kitin21 said:
hi to all of you! im a junior student of computer engineering and we are intructed by our professor to make an electronics project proposal and i need your help coz i really don't know much about this cz im a female too.. :?

I hope you're not implying females can't do electronics... my wife is a skilled scientist with NASA, and knows quite a bit of EE herself. Just a thought.

As for a project, what interests you?

I assume a fairly simple project would be expected at your level, so how about a game type of project? A question often asked is how to tell which button is pressed first when there are several players. You can find the answer easily on the web but please work it out yourself first. A good approach would be to post your circuit here and ask for comment.

hmm....computer engineering. Does your assignment have any requirements, or is it simply some electronic "thing". There are litterally millions of things that you can suggest. My question to you...what are the requirements? I'm assuming you're looking for something involving computer engineering? What types of things are you learning about, or have you learned about? with this information, I'm sure we can assist you much better. Have a great one!

a robot arm

since i also have groupmates. we already proposed some but den we were rejected. i guess my professor wants us to build a robot arm (with DC motor) that can grip. just like what you said guys, i really wanted to prove something to them that i can make a good project though i'm a girl.. :wink:

project

:D hello amiga,

then why are still asking for asuggested project when in fact your professor wants your group to build the robot arm. maybe it's because you have problem on how to fabricate the robot arm? on how it will be operated electronically am sure the people here can be of great help. this is a great forum. :wink:

robot arm

exactly! that's what i wnted to learn here, building a simple robot arm (DC Motor) that grip about 10 grams only. can someone help me out here plss... :(

materials

thanx for the help guys! :p but i still need to know more. I wanted to know the materials needed in making this and the procedure. thanx a lot for the help.

Have you considered using Technic Lego(TM) to build a prototype arm with?

You can get 9V motors to power the arm, and with a simple circuit this can be controlled from a microprocessor. (Just the same as any other d.c. motor)

You can also get switches and light sensors to give you some feedback from what the end effector of the arm is doing.

By using the Technic components you can redesign and continually modify the arm until you get it just right, rather than having to worry about making it out of plastics and metals.

If you need more help or ideas drop me an email.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back