Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rhythmic audio stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorginho1877

Hello everyone

I am creating a project to move stepper motors with the rhythm of the music, however I don't know which controller to use to be able to move the motors.

How do you want the stepper to move relative to the music?

Back in the 80s/90s the commodore 64 had a floppy drive that people programmed to play music using it's stepper motor. Moving forward it seems someone used multiple floppy drives to play toccata. Is this what you mean? Or do you want it to dance?

Mike.

Back in the 80s/90s the commodore 64 had a floppy drive that people programmed to play music using it's stepper motor. Moving forward it seems someone used multiple floppy drives to play toccata. Is this what you mean? Or do you want it to dance?

Mike.

The stepper motor moves in a sequence when listening to music

I think you need to do a much better job of describing what you are trying to do. Some characteristic of sound will move the stepper - ok, *what* characteristic? Frequency, volume, presence / absence, or ?

Let me give you a very simple example...

That is a very low cost, toy-like circuit - you can see the schematic **broken link removed** and many other places. Basically, the sound will clock the decade counter and sequence the LEDs....very simple.

You could do something like that, but you are not going to be able to move the stepper motor as fast as the LEDs and, of course, moving the stepper is not as simple as turning on/off an LED.

I think that there may be many ways to do what you want....once you know what you want to do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back