Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rgb led

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickLee

i have a common anode full color led (4pins) and i want to hook it up so that i have 3 push button switches which would control the three separate colors and also be able to push two of the buttons to mix two colors or all three buttons for white and i dont want to use anything i have to program... thanks for any help

All you need a D type flip flop.Ex:74LS273.

I'd take 3 channels (3bits out of 8 bits).Then I connect the three outputs via three transistors to the LED cathodes.

Now for the three inputs I'll use three diode's connecting Anode to data pin & cathode for CLOCK pin.So you have three diodes for three channels.Diodes cathodes will be connecting together to CLOCK pin.

For fine tuning you need a small RC time delay on final CLOCK pin.

That's it.Now give logic high or low for inputs & see how is working.

Last edited:
3 push buttons
3 resistors
1 battery
some wire and solder
manual activation, not automatic or ??
battery voltage?

Gayan he could just get a toggle switch instead of a momentary one (stays on once he pushes the button) and avoid your flip/flop suggestion all together if he requires that it needs to stay on once the button has been pressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back