RGB LED Low resolution display

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin_1084

Hello guys,

So I've decided to embark in building this new project. I want to build an RGB LED display that can "display" what ever is going on in my Mac screen in realtime. So in broad terms, basically build a low resolution (12x8) LED display but with powerful LEDs. So I have a couple of questions.

-I was wondering if it would be better to get RGB LEDs or to set clusters of separate Red, Green, Blued LEDs. I was thinking of getting 10mm Red, Green and Blue LEDs so it is brighter.

-Do you guys think this would be possible using Arduino and processing?

-If anyone has made a similar project, can you provide me with the code and schematics for it?

My idea of displaying in realtime what's going on in my Mac screen is because I have programed several visualizers that react in realtime to music so I would like my array to display this randomization of colors reacting to music in realtime, hence the "realtime" issue.

Just so you get an idea, I'm planing to build a 9'x4' panel and divide it into 96 cells and stick a LED in each cell (or 3 LEDs in case I get the Red, Green and Blue clusters). The construction doesn't worry me much, it's the code that I think will be a bit tricky. So if you guys have any advice on this subject I'd be more than thankful!

This is pretty much what I'm aiming for but with a WAY lower resolution.

YouTube - 32x32 RGB LED DISPLAY

The previous link in conjunction with this:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…