Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF module

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorgozan

Hi, I have RF module and HT12E and HT12E in my project. I know that I can send 4-bit data from a microcontroller with the 4 data pins of the encoder connected to the microcontroller. The question I have is this, is it possible to send a byte with HT12E encoder and the same received at the other end of the receiver HT12D and microcontroller.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I don't see how. You could sent two (4 bits) but you will need some "smarts" to send and to receive.

This may be done by using two pairs if the data is transmitted via infrared (IR) transmission medium (via RF, it is better using 2 different carriers). In this case, each pair should have its own 8-bit address.

Kerim

You don't need the HT12's, simply encode what you need in the microcontroller, and feed the RF modules directly.

HT12's aren't designed to be used with microcontrollers, but as standalone remote controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back