Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF mixer project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxnut

Hi people, I have a converter project on the plate and deciding on a mixer design. One catches my eye is a double balanced dual JFET.
this will convert 100 Khz to 50 Mhz up to an IF of 85 Mhz. the LO is no issue at this time. I am open to suggestions here, improvements, part selection etc.
Any help would be hot.

What are your performance goals? Conversion gain, dynamic range etc?
Do you prefer simplicity or do you want to get an education in mixer design? (ie. ok to just buy a double balanced mixer?)

What are your performance goals? Conversion gain, dynamic range etc?
Do you prefer simplicity or do you want to get an education in mixer design? (ie. ok to just buy a double balanced mixer?)
Gain is not so much a problem but looking for best dynamic range, good isolation and low IMD. pre and post amps solve coupling and can help gain.
My template call for a diode ring mixer, modules are good but lossy and matching issues. Modular active would be great, JimB may be on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back