Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF guided missile control. sorry need some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howl

"In this project, requires to design a model of missile, which controlled by the PC.

At first, the target is designed such a way that it continuous sending signal with constant frequency.

The missile is designed such a away that it can capture the target signal only.

Once it has processed by the PC, the user press "enter" key to launch the missile.

So, whenever the target is going, the missile will keep on follow it till mission completed.

The software used in VB (Visual Basic)/ The VB should obtain the target signal, and then send the signal back to the missile after processing. VB also will trigger the missile."

Missile can be replaced by a guilded toy car or something else. I think the main objective in this project is the tracking signal system. Can i have some ideas on this project from you guys - experts.

Thanks.

I'm not an expert, but I'm guess you know the target frequency/signal. So, you will need to build a small scanning antenna to find where the strongest signal is coming from. You would shield it so it can only recieve from one direction. Once you lock on to the target, you will need to determine distance, although may not be important to your project, just the direction.
If this is for indoors, you will most likely have fun with reflections off the walls.
If the target is mobile, you will need the computer to track. This stuff could be done with software, but not my field, and likely take some work. Basically, I'd guess that when the signal deviates frome the origional lock, need to re-scan the area, or just a few degrees to each side to re-establish the strongest signal direction.

You will need to sync the antenna direction to you 'missle', more software. The programming of the antenna and 'missle' will be very hardware dependent, so you will need to build a bunch of crap, before writing code.

Computer interface
several transmitters/recievers
scanning antenna
target
missle

This project would take a while, even with a team of experts.

I might be thinking of: three different targets designed in such a way that each of them generating its own signal. Therefore, the guided "missile" can choose the specific targets. The target is somehow mobility.

Thanks for your advices and helpful ideas. Mr. Harvey. :)

THis should actually be quite funny...Ill be looking for the hedlines over the next few months..."
Kuala Lumpur terrorists build, and fire a missile, shooting down a Jumbo Jet. Checking the files of the terrorist groups computers came up with a American co-conspirator in Florida by the name of Harvey. Mr. Harvey was found to have assisted the terrorists in the design of their guided missile, contacting the terrorists thru a electronics newsgroup on the internet"
Say howdy to the FBI when they come to your door. I hear that they go a little bit easier on you during yiur full Rectal examination when your friendly to them.

Americans are mere amateurs when it comes to severe and bizarre punishments. You can get canned for spitting on the sidewalk in that place. It's definitely off my list of vacation spots.

Didn't know Malaysia was a hot spot for terrorist... It sounds more like a robotics project, honest mistake... This is going to be very difficult to do two axis ground based, a third axis for airborn targets? You guys need to consider some anti-anxiety medication...

I did remember a sight that had a robotic sentinal. Automatically detected movement, aimed and fired an air rifle, even tracked the target and kept firing at it. Computer, camera, and servos. Pretty cool.

It's easier to stick a heater on the target and use a thermopile to follow it around...tracking the origin of RF signals is really hard. Maybe you could follow cats or people around instead.

The Americans finally got their missile tracking and shoot-down system to work. This terrorist missile will be shot down too.

Does Canada have a military? Don't recall every hearing anything in the news, always figured if canada had problems, America has problems, and we go save your butts.

You didn't hear that there was another friendly fire incident in Afghanistan? One soldier died and 8 others indjured.

sheesh, is this the "how many nationalities can you insult in a single thread contest".

By the way, PB, you are thinking of Singapore. It is a fine city. $50 fine for this, $100 fine for that...

Kuala Lumpur terrorists build, and fire a missile, shooting down a Jumbo Jet. Checking the files of the terrorist groups computers came up with a American co-conspirator in Florida by the name of Harvey. Mr. Harvey was found to have assisted the terrorists in the design of their guided missile, contacting the terrorists thru a electronics newsgroup on the internet"

Not funny at all. Just discussing about this project and some of you come and disturb this post. If not willing to help, please don't talk nuisance. not related to terrorist, thanks. I though people in Michigan good at electronics, but i think more good in gossiping around. thanks

well, howl, think about how you phrased it. "guided missile". I don't know about you but I bet most people think "weapon" when they see those words.

And no, I don't think it's funny, either. But I'm sure it is for a different reason than yours.

HarveyH42 said:
Does Canada have a military? Don't recall every hearing anything in the news, always figured if canada had problems, America has problems, and we go save your butts.

Im quite certain that this comment is supposed to send me into some sort of counter-comment writing frenzy, and name calling...but as it just shows your general lack of knowledge of the world, Ill forgive the little ass-muncher. It really is time to learn more about the world than what you have seen in a 1960's John Wayne movie. Canada has generously supported The United States in practically all conflicts around the world, with financial support, armnimants, troop support, aircraft, and Navy.
Just a few days ago, the bodies of several young Canadian military personnel were returned after being blown to bits in Kandahaar (a regular occurrance happening every few weeks)...a absolutely useless and pointless war stared by Americans...and continued by Oil Grubbing American polititians. I challenge you to look the parents of the dead in their eyes and repeat what you have said here, you little ****-stain on the underwear of society...hiding like the little coward that you are, over the internet.
And just so you know jackass......YOUR PRESIDENT came to Canada to BEG for our participation in the war effort...on every Canadian TV and Radio station, and in EVERY Canadian paper.... and begged Canadians in general to support him, as part of a multi-national multi-billion dollar support team...kinda strange for a President that doesnt want, or need us, or for someone that doesnt want to use our military....douchebag.
Oh...and if you pull your head out od your ass long enough...you may notice that people of color are allowed to sit anywhere on the bus that they want, and women are allowed to vote.
Here endeth my quiet, subdued dissertation on the subject. Thanks for ruining my week Harvey.

Last edited:
Howl said:
Not funny at all. Just discussing about this project and some of you come and disturb this post. If not willing to help, please don't talk nuisance. not related to terrorist, thanks. I though people in Michigan good at electronics, but i think more good in gossiping around. thanks
The message should be unambiguous I think. You're unlikely to find much help for a guided missle on this or any other forum. It's just not something people outside the guided missle profession spend much time thinking about.
Better luck on your next project.

Make love, not war. Perhaps design a nuclear powered dildo then? There are some women in this world who are never satisfied. Start with Iran as they are perfecting uranium enrichment for peaceful nuclear technology... so they claim.:rolleyes: ;)

Papabravo said:
.Originally Posted by Howl
I have a really funny feeling that a terrorist would not admit that they were a terrorist. If you dont want to hear from the peanut gallery...then discuss your ideas in private, dont post it were hundreds of people can see it...and therefor comment on it... jackass.
I think that in this current state of affairs with terrorists, and bombing, its a bit strange to make a posting about any sort of missile PERIOD, in any way, shape or form. Its a bit like joking that you have a bomb under your jacket when going through security in a airport. Its even stupider to attempt to help out such poster. If its only a toy that you wish to do this with ...then just say that its a toy...and dont be stupid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back