Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reversed Mono Jack Leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palbert

Hello all, I stumbled upon a solution last night that has me curious. I built the Nurse Quacky effects pedal on a breadboard and it sounded great except for a DC hum (at least thats what I thought it was). I tried different RC filters to see if I could get rid of that. I ended up trying a low pass and a high pass filter and they both had the same effect (hum completely gone) and that seemed odd so I just tried reversing the leads of my mono output jack to see if that was the culprit and it completely got rid of the hum. I was wondering why reversing the leads would cause a hum like it did?

No more ground loop..... Careful if you use those two circuits again because one's ground is the others VCC.

The RC filter I used wasn't in the Nurse Quacky circuit when I fixed it, I just switched the output leads from the Nurse Quacky itself. Only one circuit when the hum was present. Maybe there is still a ground loop in the Nurse Quacky circuit. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back