Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Struggling to find a right angle DC jack (1.3mm x 3.5mm male) that fits

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJay

I realise that this is a very basic question to a lot of those on this forum and I am grateful for your time.

I ordered "1.3mm x 3.5mm Male Plug Right Angle L Jack DC Power Tip Connector"
51-iVwQjNML._AC_SX679_.jpg

The dimensions are correct for the tip. The body of the DC jack is far too big. I need something that's very similar to the dimensions of the moulded tip DC jack that came with the adapter I am using.

f1kQujX.jpg

There appeared to be very limited choice when I was looking and found these in the first place.

Please tell me there's a way to get a jack that's a similar size to the original that I can add?

Thank you very much for your time.

Right, it's time to start thinking about finishing this project. I've got my male and female PicoBlade crimps and plastic connectors.

What are the conventions for which way around the male and female parts should be oriented? Should the male part be on the plug side and the female part on the short DC jack end?

How do I crimp the female terminals using the tool?

Ughhh, the wire gauge doesn't appear to be correct (the insulation is far too thick) and the crimps are not working. What's the easiest way to measure stranded wire gauge? The wires are far too many and small to count and measure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back