Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resetting seven segment displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsox123

I have a simple counter, but I don't know how to reset it. I need the first display to reset after 9 (to count in decimal) and i only want it to go up to 60 so i need the second one to reset after 6. Where would i connect the reset pins to?

Attachments

• Circuit.jpg
    Circuit.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,915
I have a simple counter, but I don't know how to reset it. I need the first display to reset after 9 (to count in decimal) and i only want it to go up to 60 so i need the second one to reset after 6. Where would i connect the reset pins to?

Why are you using discrete J/K's for the counter. You would be better to use a 8 bit counter with pre-load.

If you are constrained to use individual flip flops then you need to devise a decoder that is synchronous to your clock and have it reset your j/k flipflops. AN 8 bit counter would make your life easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back