Reset on 18F4520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi E,
I don't recall why I have a long field, but I imagine that it was a casual thing.
I think the gaps are an accident from copying each NMEA sentence from my Excel converter file. It's difficult to convert GPS signals to NMEA sentences. Here's my way, attached.
I assume from your comments, that I should shorten the field,remove the gaps, and lower the buffer trap number?
E.

hi,
You could do that, but why are you using such a long ,BASEDEGREE.00 field in the string.?
E

Update:
Why are there Spaces in the message.??

hi C,
I would suggest you keep your test message lengths no longer than you would expect from the GPS module.
Remove the Spaces and if necessary shorten the BASEDEGREE.00 to say BASEDEG.00 , that's another 3 chars less.
E

hi C,
I would suggest you keep your test message lengths no longer than you would expect from the GPS module.
Remove the Spaces and if necessary shorten the BASEDEGREE.00 to say BASEDEG.00 , that's another 3 chars less.
E

Understood, thanks.

Understood, thanks.

hi,
Check using Oshonsoft Options/Ram Memory usage the amount of free RAM and Flash memory.
I have had to shrink some of my 18F4520 programs because of the Compiler complaining of insufficient RAM.
E

Hi Eric,
All simulation NMEA sentences shortened, and the program back to >80 <60 as original.
I don't see the ram option, I should probably update again?
E.

Attachments

• SIM Options.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 277
hi,
Refer images.
E

Attachments

• A04.gif
    12 KB · Views: 288
  • A05.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 280
hi C,
You must compile the program before doing the RAM check, else you will show zero usage, as per your image.
E

Which line in the program.???

EDIT:
This what I see for 18F4520 project with SD Card.
As you can see I have almost no RAM [GPR] free.

Attachments

• A01.gif
    11 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
hi C,
You must compile the program before doing the RAM check, else you will show zero usage, as per your image.
E

Which line in the program.???

EDIT:
This what I see for 18F4520 project with SD Card.
As you can see I have almost no RAM [GPR] free.

Another try
C.

Attachments

• RAM after compile.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 267
Also: Is the line shown in the program, being used?

hi,
That basecos is equivalent to latcos1, so its now redundant.

'extract from your listing
latrad1 = 50.662341 / 57.295779
lonrad1 = 1.591347 / 57.295779
latcos1 = Cos(50.662341).???? degrees !

''Note:
latcos1 = cos(50.662341/57.295779) ' REM Rads !! == 0.884224665 ==latrad1

E

You have lots of free RAM

Hi,
It's possible that I have found the 'reset problem'! It's possible that I had a line incorrectly positioned in the program. I've now moved it and the program appears to be ok now, so it looks as if the problem isn't to do with a reset problem.
More tests before finalising.
Thanks to all who helped.
C.

hi C.
That's good, what was the problem.
E
Hi E,
The line I mention above, is the basecos line which is in the program too early, using variables that hadn't arrived yet. Once moved it could do its proper calculation.
C

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…