Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request to build an electronic Halloween project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhouse

I was looking for someone with electronics experience to build this project by sudomod

Spooky Arduino Halloween Eyes​

I have reached out to author but have not heard back.

willing to pay for project work of course

You can buy individual ready built (uncased) eye modules that have both the MCU and display built in, from suppliers such as Mouser:

Or at a rather higher cost on ebay:

Thank you I have actually ordered two of the hallowing m0 expresses last week. Is there way to chain them together like the referenced project ?

If I understand it correctly, the sudomod code on github can run up to four displays (screens) per MCU; that's why there are chains, one module presumably contains a display and the MCU, the others only have displays.

I'd guess you could also daisy chain up to three extra displays from the integral MCU/display module.

Last edited:
For info, I've done a bit of experimenting with this, it's just too novel to not build it!

The original Adafruit project (rather indirectly linked in the Sudomod article) shows one pair of shaped left/right eyes, with a slight inward bias as if they are focussed on
something.

The Sudomod version shows two eye images that move independently, on the left and right displays. It's intended to run two displays wired in parallel on each "channel" to show two identical eyes in each pair using the symmetrical eyelid config option, rather than one pair of shaped & tracking left & right eyes as the original version.

So: If you want a realistic pair of eyes, use the original Adafruit version. If you want more displays per MCU, at the cost of lower detail, use the Sudomod version.

The same wiring setup works with either, just use the same config file pin settings to match whatever arduino board you are using.
I also added an LDR to ground and pullup to 3.3V on a spare ADC pin for the iris control option, which gives another degree of weird realism with either code.

This is with the Adafruit version, which I think looks best - I'm not going to be building chains of them. It's also got the config option set for the "eyelids" to stay fully open rather than track the pupil, as I was considering mounting them behind an Inmoov eye mask section, for extra effect.

Eye_still_600.jpg

Eyes_mask_600.jpg

Thank you I appreciate the feedback. I actually purchased two hallowing M0 modules to achieve the effect I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back