Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arrow electronics makes me surprise

monica8086

as we know, arrow electronics is a famous franchised distributor in the world.

but last time, i planed to buy a part from their online shop, and i negotiated with customer service for a better price, but they refused it as they said the price is decided by original mgr.

the most funniest is that, the next day the price has been doubled.

it changed a lot, it makes me surprise a lot.

as we know, arrow electronics is a famous franchised distributor in the world.

but last time, i planed to buy a part from their online shop, and i negotiated with customer service for a better price, but they refused it as they said the price is decided by original mgr.

the most funniest is that, the next day the price has been doubled.

it changed a lot, it makes me surprise a lot.

It's not a street market - why should they negotiate a better price just for you?.

If you don't like the price, then go elsewhere.

No surprise about the price increase, many items have gone up massively, due to them being in very short supply - suggested delivery dates as far as 2024 are quite common.

It's not a street market - why should they negotiate a better price just for you?.

If you don't like the price, then go elsewhere.

No surprise about the price increase, many items have gone up massively, due to them being in very short supply - suggested delivery dates as far as 2024 are quite common.
i think the way of changing price is similar to the street market.

A great deal may depend on the size of the order and how much business you do in one year. They are less interested in you below a certain dollar volume. My guess is that less than $10,000 /year and they can't afford to waste their time on the phone with you. They excel in making you offers that you absolutely will refuse.

Last edited:
A great deal may depend on the size of the order and how much business you do in one year. They are less interested in you below a certain dollar volume. My guess is that less than $10,000 /year and they can't afford to waste their time on the phone with you. Thye excel in making you offers that you absolutely will refuse.
sorry, this order is almost $100000, but compare with other big company, it is also small.

sorry, this order is almost $100000, but compare with other big company, it is also small.
Maybe they don't believe you. I can't read their minds after all.

Maybe they think they can read minds and didn't like what they saw? Oh, I just went to there website. they pass information to facebook.

If you're ordering $100,000 worth, why aren't you ordering direct from the manufacturer? - a distributor (like Arrow - and as they said) probably aren't allowed to give massive discounts, and would presumably loose money if they did?.

Luckily, quite often, when you buy parts from distributors, the actual manufacturer is listed on the item - so you could always try contacting them directly. We've done that in a number of cases, and managed to make substantial savings.

If you're ordering $100,000 worth, why aren't you ordering direct from the manufacturer? - a distributor (like Arrow - and as they said) probably aren't allowed to give massive discounts, and would presumably loose money if they did?.

Luckily, quite often, when you buy parts from distributors, the actual manufacturer is listed on the item - so you could always try contacting them directly. We've done that in a number of cases, and managed to make substantial savings.
hello friend, most of original mgr don't do biz with custm directly except for some small ones, In the eyes of most of original mgr, $100,000 is nothing at all, unless the custm is a super big company, of course they can negotiate a best price with mgr directly. even i know the part i wanted online is double price to offline in the franchised, but offline has no stock, they said online and offline are 2 different teams, so they can't offer the same price. and the price is doubled again after i apply for discount, so do you think they will lose money?

Prices are often cheaper when they have no stock - it goes up when the next stock comes in and they find the price has come up considerably, so have to increase their prices suitably.

ok, you think it is reasonable as you are rich.
I'm certainly not rich :D

Welcome to the real world - companies don't bargain like market stall holders, if you don't like their prices go elsewhere - if no one else has stock, then you have to pay the going rate. And when those without stock get some, their prices will have increased (probably to above the company who had stock) - you need to continually check all suppliers, and get what you can when you can.

Seems to me, if this is all legit, you'd be busy at Octopart looking for another source with stock instead of whining about it on some silly forum. If you're trying to buy $100,000 of parts, you must be busy.

Seems to me, if this is all legit, you'd be busy at Octopart looking for another source with stock instead of whining about it on some silly forum. If you're trying to buy $100,000 of parts, you must be busy.
i don't spend much time here, busy for daytimes and relax at night in order to find some new resource. btw, most of suppliers from octopart have no stock.

Latest threads

Back