Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from my experience, I've always heard 'noob/newb' used in two distinctively separate ways. Newbie, is just someone that's new, inexperienced. Everyone was a newb at some point, and you should not take offense to being called one. Noob is however not so nice =) A noob is someone who even if they've been around a long time just hasn't learned anything at all.

I think a moderator should be alerted when someone's reputation goes below a certain point, maybe three red squares, so they can decided whether they deserve to be banned.

I'm not a fan of political correctness and I think that getting rid of the terms bad and newbie is a silly idea.

It doesn't matter whether someone has bad written next to their name, the number of red squares in their will clearly indicate this.

If the rep STARTS there, no alert occurs.

As a "newbie" I dont mind the title. I belive I have earn anything higher than that in a fair and honest way.
As far as bad, good, or exellent. I do think that could be somewhat reworked.
an honest tally number of Thanks vs not apropriate, seems resaonalble.
Grossely poor conduct does need to be handled. Kick outs are a good thing myself.
Personaly I like the "do my work for me" guys! Pick, poke, tease and land mine the info you give them!
I had a former boss that was great for stealing someone elses ideas and work then putting his name on it. A few of us brightest and best idea sources he regularily used land mined a few concepts we knew he would try to take credit for and it cost him his $30k year end bonus and almost put him out of a job!
It was one of the few times I have ever seen corporate level really put someone under a microscope, make them do their own work, and take resposiblity for their own actions!

Let the free riders learn the hard way. Let them turn in junk they dont understand. College level and good high school level teachers know how to spot fakes too.

i'm still a newbie - kind of odd since i've been a member for a few years. i don't post all that much, but it would be nice not to be called a newbie after a certain amount of time or number of posts or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back