Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the OP said:
This was posed by the OP (original Poster)

renders as:

Originally Posted by the OP
This was posed by the OP (original Poster)
The tags necessary are in bold. Bold is not required. Lowercase is not required. The = the OP isn't required either.

You can use "Go advanced" and preview your post.

"reply with quote" quotes the entire post. You just have to add the tags sporatically throughout the reply and check with Preview before posting.

I didn't know about the "quote=" thing.

Pommie said:
I see you also found the noparse tags.

What does that do?

Der Storm said:
You can also just use the "multi-quote this message" option (the speech bubble with quotation marks inside and a '+' sign next to it) at the bottom of each post. You click the one corresponding to each post you want to quote, then hit "reply with quote." It automatically quotes all of the posts on which you clicked "Multi-Quote this message."
Der Strom

That has never worked for me :('

EDIT: I see the problem now; I didn't know I had to hit "reply"

Last edited:
The noparse tags allows one to demonstrate the use of tags. So, I can write:

[plain][b]this[/b][/plain] and say it renders as

"this" and not "this"

I tend to use "the OP" because sometimes I think it's clearer than using the username. You can omit the ='s too with no loss of clarity. There are many times I would like to have two levels of copy and paste. e.g. Copy the username and the post or copy an email address and something else or website address and something. Not just here, but in general.

One thing I find annoying about VB is that you cannot expand links, so printing them is useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I was looking for...

You can also just use the "multi-quote this message" option (the speech bubble with quotation marks inside and a '+' sign next to it) at the bottom of each post. You click the one corresponding to each post you want to quote, then hit "reply with quote." It automatically quotes all of the posts on which you clicked "Multi-Quote this message."
Der Strom

Sorry for the OP (other posters :)) but THIS is the explanation as was looking for. Gracias Der!

I see the reply with quote buttons and like the feature as seen in other peoples posts, but I don't know how to use it. Rather than make a bunch of multiple posts I thought it might be better to ask how to use them.[/QUOTE

Just testing]

Last edited:
Your last tag should look like "[/QUOTE]"

And you have a dangling "]" that you need to get rid of

Your last tag should look like "[/QUOTE]"

And you have a dangling "]" that you need to get rid of

See if this loses my bubble? Had a look in 'edit' and it looks ok, thanks KISS. (That's not how I usually sign off, it's an abbreviation of your name, in case anyone didn't realise.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back