Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Most Helpful Member
I see the reply with quote buttons and like the feature as seen in other peoples posts, but I don't know how to use it. Rather than make a bunch of multiple posts I thought it might be better to ask how to use them.

I see the reply with quote buttons and like the feature as seen in other peoples posts, but I don't know how to use it. Rather than make a bunch of multiple posts I thought it might be better to ask how to use them.

Just press the button and type.:confused:

Mike.

Last edited:
Maybe it's multiple quotes I didn't understand. I tried the regular one on a multi-subject paragraph but it sticks my reply in with the quote. See repeal health care reform in members lounge.

This is before the square bracket quote=.
Maybe it's multiple quotes I didn't understand. I tried the regular one on a multi-subject paragraph but it sticks my reply in with the quote. See repeal health care reform in members lounge.
This is after the last square brackets with the not-quote command.

[QUOTE This is a test to see what happens if I type after a square bracket quote.[/QUOTE] This is after the not-quote.
[QUOTE This is a test to see what happens if I want another quote box.[/QUOTE] This is after the not-quote.

Last edited:
I'm getting there. This is before the first sentence.
[QUOTE This is a test to see what happens if I type after a square bracket quote.
This is after the not-quote.

This is a continuation after the first sentence.
[QUOTE This is a test to see what happens if I want another quote box.[/QUOTE] This is after the not-quote.[/QUOTE]
This is after the last sentence.
The second sentence (yours) is not in the grey box.

Last edited:
Post 1
Post 2

Just press the button and type.:confused:
Post 3

You should be able to edit the quote, with care, to only quote the main point.
Hi Ronv,
As you can see it is pretty easy once you know, all I did was copy the text and put it between quote and /quote where the [ ] brackets are used before and after the quote /quote.

Regards Bryan

[quote=the OP]This was posed by the OP (original Poster)[/quote]

renders as:

the OP said:
This was posed by the OP (original Poster)

The tags necessary are in bold. Bold is not required. Lowercase is not required. The = the OP isn't required either.

You can use "Go advanced" and preview your post.

"reply with quote" quotes the entire post. You just have to add the tags [quote][/quote] sporatically throughout the reply and check with Preview before posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[/B]

renders as:

[quote}The tags necessary are in bold. Bold is not required. Lowercase is not required. The [b]= the OP[/b] isn't required either.[/quote] is the first answer.

[quote}"reply with quote" quotes the entire post.[/quote] 2nd reply You just have to add the tags[b] [plain]
sporatically throughout the reply and check with Preview before posting.

The tags necessary are in bold. Bold is not required. Lowercase is not required. The = the OP isn't required either.
One more time.

Bet this is it

Once again good triumphs over ignorance and evil. Thanks

Last edited:
Thought it looked a little funny, but didn't know what it was supposed to look like.

You did it wrong.

Attachments

• quotes.PNG
    quotes.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 290
Nested quotes

Hey, I just discovered that you can nest quotes. Cool!

This text:

[quote=User2]So I was talking with this guy, see, and he said:
[quote=User1]Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.[/quote]
[/quote]

Produces this:

User2 said:
So I was talking with this guy, see, and he said:
User1 said:
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

This text:

[quote=User2]So I was talking with this guy, see, and he said:
[quote=User1]Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.[/quote]
[/quote]

I see you also found the noparse tags.

Mike.

[/b]

[quote="Pommie, post: 965454"]I see you also found the noparse tags.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Ran across it by accident when someone up farther in this thread mistakenly included it in a reply.

Is this stuff (tags and such) documented anywhere on this site?

You can also just use the "multi-quote this message" option (the speech bubble with quotation marks inside and a '+' sign next to it) at the bottom of each post. You click the one corresponding to each post you want to quote, then hit "reply with quote." It automatically quotes all of the posts on which you clicked "Multi-Quote this message."
Der Strom

You can also just use the "multi-quote this message" option (the speech bubble with quotation marks inside and a '+' sign next to it) at the bottom of each post. You click the one corresponding to each post you want to quote, then hit "reply with quote." It automatically quotes all of the posts on which you clicked "Multi-Quote this message."
Der Strom

So that's how that works. I was wondering about that. Is that documented anywhere? Haven't seen a word about it anywhere.

You know, having all these neato-keeno features is completely useless if you can't figure out how to use them ...

I'll admit - NOPARSE was all my fault and the original poster included it unknowingly.

This stuff, BBCode, for Bulletin Board Code can get out of hand to the point that the owners disable portions of it, so use wisely.

I'm surprised that the MATH tag is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back