Repeating timer help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ! I want to use CD4060 timing IC.. Because I only have cd4060 and cd4093 ic's in my stock.. I had made two timers 10/30 minutes using cd4060.. But how to append this both timer so that they can work as repeating timer 10/30..
Thanks..

I want to use two CD4093 timing IC
A CD4093 is not a timing IC it is a SCHMITT TRIGGER. You can use it for a oscillator, but you should allso use a counter to get up to your .5 hour. It will be hard to get good resolts using a cap for .5 hour timing thats why we use counters. The CD4536 and CD4541 chips are an oscillator and counter in one chip.

Sorry ! I want to use CD4060 timing IC.. Because I only have cd4060 and cd4093 ic's in my stock.. I had made two timers 10/30 minutes using cd4060.. But how to append this both timer so that they can work as repeating timer 10/30..
Thanks..
Do you have a diagram of your CD4060 timer?

Thanks 4pyros for your reply ......
I have attached my 30 minutes timer circuit using cd4060...
I have same circuit for 10minutes timer also...

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• Timer.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,677
You should do your own work
Friend I do my own work..I only use forums if I get any problem or If I am confused. Forums are to help people and motivate them to create new achievements.. It is not for discouraging people..
That looks like this timer here;
**broken link removed**
This page has the same circuit with the instructions to make it a repeating timer;
**broken link removed**
Friend I know this site from past 1 year.The repeating timer which they have present are only fixed on/off timer.THAT means the off is equal to on time, eg : 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off. We cant set the on and off time values differently.. I THE repeating timer which I want will have on and off times values ie: 10 minutes on and 30 minutes off.. I you can create this repeatings timings 10/30 from the site you mentioned above then I will be very glad.
if you have a 10 min timer you are done with a 4017. you do not need to have a separate 30min timer.
FRIEND can you give me the circuit diagram.. So that i can analyze it..

THANKS TO ALL FRIENDS FOR REPLY..

FRIEND can you give me the circuit diagram.. So that i can analyze it..

see the attached, you need a pulse or clock of 1 cycle / 10min (Ex: 5min on 5mn off)
instead of 4 NAND gates you can use a SR flip flop.

Edit: reset of 4017 can be selected as required, also depends on the status required after 1st clock the out put of counter can be re wired.
also you have a short of programming feature with this, the on & off total time can be set in 10min resolution in a 100min span with a 1 cycle / 10min input and so on. this can be done by slecting appropriate out puts of 4017 to set & reset the latch (of four NAND gates)

Attachments

• 10min on, 30min off.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…