Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repeating timer help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ! I want to use CD4060 timing IC.. Because I only have cd4060 and cd4093 ic's in my stock.. I had made two timers 10/30 minutes using cd4060.. But how to append this both timer so that they can work as repeating timer 10/30..
Thanks..

I want to use two CD4093 timing IC
A CD4093 is not a timing IC it is a SCHMITT TRIGGER. You can use it for a oscillator, but you should allso use a counter to get up to your .5 hour. It will be hard to get good resolts using a cap for .5 hour timing thats why we use counters. The CD4536 and CD4541 chips are an oscillator and counter in one chip.

Sorry ! I want to use CD4060 timing IC.. Because I only have cd4060 and cd4093 ic's in my stock.. I had made two timers 10/30 minutes using cd4060.. But how to append this both timer so that they can work as repeating timer 10/30..
Thanks..
Do you have a diagram of your CD4060 timer?

Thanks 4pyros for your reply ......
I have attached my 30 minutes timer circuit using cd4060...
I have same circuit for 10minutes timer also...

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• Timer.PNG
    Timer.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,653
You should do your own work
Friend I do my own work..I only use forums if I get any problem or If I am confused. Forums are to help people and motivate them to create new achievements.. It is not for discouraging people..
That looks like this timer here;
**broken link removed**
This page has the same circuit with the instructions to make it a repeating timer;
**broken link removed**
Friend I know this site from past 1 year.The repeating timer which they have present are only fixed on/off timer.THAT means the off is equal to on time, eg : 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off. We cant set the on and off time values differently.. I THE repeating timer which I want will have on and off times values ie: 10 minutes on and 30 minutes off.. I you can create this repeatings timings 10/30 from the site you mentioned above then I will be very glad.
if you have a 10 min timer you are done with a 4017. you do not need to have a separate 30min timer.
FRIEND can you give me the circuit diagram.. So that i can analyze it..

THANKS TO ALL FRIENDS FOR REPLY.. :)

FRIEND can you give me the circuit diagram.. So that i can analyze it..

see the attached, you need a pulse or clock of 1 cycle / 10min (Ex: 5min on 5mn off)
instead of 4 NAND gates you can use a SR flip flop.

Edit: reset of 4017 can be selected as required, also depends on the status required after 1st clock the out put of counter can be re wired.
also you have a short of programming feature with this, the on & off total time can be set in 10min resolution in a 100min span with a 1 cycle / 10min input and so on. this can be done by slecting appropriate out puts of 4017 to set & reset the latch (of four NAND gates)

Attachments

• 10min on, 30min off.JPG
    10min on, 30min off.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back