Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Control Monkey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trikcard

Okay, I'm at my wits end and I hope someone here can point me in the right direction. I am trying to make a cymbal clashing monkey able to be turned on/off by remote control. Momentary would be great, but toggle would be fine if it isn't possible.

Here is the monkey I have if it helps.

Monkey**broken link removed**

Now my initial thought was to use one of the remote control surge protectors that they sell at christmas time. So i purchased on of those. I have since thought that the easier way would be a remote control fart machine.

Before I get in there and start breaking stuff, I just wanted a general opinion about what I'm getting into.

How hard will this be? Any tips?

Thanks for any help in advance.

This should be pretty straight forward, instead of using an on and off switch you use the circuitry from the fart machine to control the monkey. You might need to implement a transistor or mosfet depending on the fart machine but it should be straight forward, do you have a soldering iron?

Take some pictures of the fart machine once you take it apart.

There are others ways around this but they would involve extensive learning :O

P.s. why do you want to make a monkey clap remotely

I would check out electronics suppliers like Digikey. They carry loads of single function remote or multifunction remote stuff.

Put a dual channel transmitter system on the monkey so it can fart and then clash the cymbals! :D
Or just one or the other would suffice too! ;)
But both one after the other is funnier! :p:eek::D

I would check out electronics suppliers like Digikey. They carry loads of single function remote or multifunction remote stuff.

Put a dual channel transmitter system on the monkey so it can fart and then clash the cymbals! :D
Or just one or the other would suffice too! ;)
But both one after the other is funnier! :p:eek::D

I like it already. :D

Maybe have a recording apologizing for the delay's in the cymbals beats.

Just record it when you have taken in some helium in a high voice.

Like:

Monkey:Um excuse me. Faaart..... Sorry. I took this gig not realizing they pay you with Ice Cream.

Faaaart. ::whew!::

:Monkey uh ...... Does it smell :eek:

kv:)

Last edited:
Ah put a voice chip in it! I like it! That beats the singing fish any day!
I would buy one! :D

I dont know how I missed this Thread earlier! :eek:

birdman0_o: "...use the circuitry from the fart machine to control the monkey."

Win.

Last edited:
It's threads like this that have titles like "remote control monkey" that make me really happy I ran across this site. :D I'm eager to see what you come up with!!

It's threads like this that have titles like "remote control monkey" that make me really happy I ran across this site. I'm eager to see what you come up with!!

You mean other sites dont tell you how to build a remote controlled farting/cymbal crashing talking monkey? :confused:

How odd. Theres such a demand for novelty items like these!;)

You mean other sites dont tell you how to build a remote controlled farting/cymbal crashing talking monkey? :confused:

Believe it or not, other sites haven't even consider the possibility of thinking about pondering a remote controlled farting, cymbal-crashing monkey... it's downright shocking, it is!

Believe it or not, other sites haven't even consider the possibility of thinking about pondering a remote controlled farting, cymbal-crashing monkey... it's downright shocking, it is!

Wait, what would truly be remarkable is a remote controlled farting, cymbal-crashing monkey... with a time machine.

Sorry I forgot ? that was another thread.

kv:D

Last edited:
Where are these other sites? Maybe we should go over there and show them a good way to draw more members in! ;)

Does anyone really think its the educational value of this site that keeps so many here as regulars? :D

If I couldn't get my daily giggle fix from here I would have been gone along time ago!:eek:

But seriously, If I walked into Wal Mart and saw a farting talking cymbal clashing monkey, I would give up my weeks junk food money just to buy it! :)

Where are these other sites? Maybe we should go over there and show them a good way to draw more members in! ;)

Does anyone really think its the educational value of this site that keeps so many here as regulars? :D

If I couldn't get my daily giggle fix from here I would have been gone along time ago!:eek:

But seriously, If I walked into Wal Mart and saw a farting talking cymbal clashing monkey, I would give up my weeks junk food money just to buy it! :)

I'm thinking that if anyone else catches on to this thread we will have fully developed and have it to market before the Op realizes we have just stolen his idea.

He really shouldn't have abandoned the thread to soon ? He could have been a millionaire.

kv:)

Last edited:
I vote for that to be duffys official signature!
He said it so he earned it!

It would also make a great T-shirt and bumper sticker too!

Attachments

• poster29648806.jpg
    poster29648806.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Mind if I tweak it a little.

duffy said:
birdman0_o: "...use the circuitry from the fart machine to control the monkey."

"Use your fart Machine to control your Monkey."

I like it. People will be amused and confused.:p

kv

Edit: Time to print the T-shirts.

Edit:Edit: How much longer can we kick this Dead Horse ?

Last edited:
Kicking a dead horse? All of this is still very relative to the application of the remote control farting monkey! Its franchise development now!:p

'A sheet that resists' now that appears to be a dead horse with flies on it but still it wont get left alone, 7 pages and still going. Its getting to be, almost in a sad way, more entertaining to read as it goes along and now it apears to be starting to spiral out of control! :eek::D

I dont think our stuff here is going to get any one banned. (Yet) ;)

I vote for that to be duffys official signature!
He said it so he earned it!

It would also make a great T-shirt and bumper sticker too!

TCM, I think you got it. The Monkey holding the human skull and thinking. I did not know you were an "Arteeest ".

That would be great on a T-shirt.

However, we must not come between the Author as his original intent.

duffy:)

Without his vision none of this could have been accomplished.:p

kv:D

Love the graphic!

I wish I could take credit for that marvelous phrase, but if you read back I'm quoting birdman0_o.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back