Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote control car with 10km range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyw

Im beginning a project to build a remote control car with a range of at least 10km. I want video feedback and rf control. what are my options?

At least 10km is pretty challenging. My first thought is that you should seriously consider a 3G or 4G connection through your local mobile phone company. This will give you an IP interface which is familiar to many, but comes with a major downside of a long latency time (ping round trip). If you can live with latencies of one or two hundred milliseconds, this might be the way to go. The good news with this type of connection is that RF coverage is taken care of for you.

Yes of course. You can transfer any data that you wish. Such a connection is a general purpose data connection between two computers. One of these will have to be in the car, and it would be responsible for collecting the analog signals and sending them back. This is an internet connection, so if you can imagine sending analog signals to another computer on the internet, then you can see how this is done.

Another alternative method of making a wireless connection over such a long range is by using VHF or UHF radios working through a repeater.

Welcome to ETO, Hassan!
You have just resurrected a long-dead thread. I doubt you will get a satisfactory reply to your request :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back