Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with figuring out a Reciever Board for 450-470 Mhz Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny52266

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and basically I googled to get the best electronics forum out there, hence I am here to ask a question.

I have a few RTK GPS Instruments in which basically a base station broadcasts its correction data via a Radio Transmission medium.

Currently, I am using HX-U202 Radio which supports a frequency band of 450-470MHz.

The problem I am facing is with the receiving nodes of the data, called rovers. Their radios (Satelline perhaps) have malfunctioned.

I am looking for an option to get a open source / software defined radio hardware which would be compatible with the link protocol of the HX-U202, which is Trimtalk.

Is there a way to get a general 1 watt receiver and implement Trimtalk protocol somehow to receive data from the HX-U202?

Or maybe another suggestion? Where would you advise to get started?

This equipment appears to be part of a Differential GPS system. For others trying to understand this request, here is a link with some info (scroll down to the DGPS explanation.

My advise to the op is to also post this request on GPS-specific forums where you might find an enthusiast with specific knowledge of this system and protocols. I don't know which forums, but when I googled "gps forum" I found a few.

Last edited:
This equipment appears to be part of a Differential GPS system. For others trying to understand this request, here is a link with some info (scroll down to the DGPS explanation.

My advise to the op is to also post this request on GPS-specific forums where you might find an enthusiast with specific knowledge of this system and protocols. I don't know which forums, but when I googled "gps forum" I found a few.

Sure, Ron. Thanks for the prompt reply. Indeed you got it right. It is a differential gps system for real time kinematic measurements using radios as transmission media.

Ill look for gps specific forums too. thought it was an electronics related question so might be able to get an answer here. But you are right. Should try gps specific forums as well. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back