Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reaction Tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

half price0

OK guys brace yourselves this could get confusing.

I would like to make a reaction tester. I want it to have about 5 pads, each with an LED on. One will light up and you have to touch that pad, then another random one will light up and so on. I also want an LED screen showing how many touches have taken place and a 60-second timer or such that can be started at the touch of a button and when the time is up make a buzz noise or some sort to signal you have to stop playing the game.

I think I'm alright on the inputs/outputs but I'm stumped on all the processes. Sorry if I've missed any important information but please ask if I have.

Thanks.

OK I've been thinking having a 555 monostable (works as timer) connected to an 18-pin PIC. Programme the PIC to light up certain LEDs and when a pad is hit then send a pulse to a counter of some sort (I need help there) and the counter has an LED screen.

Putting a 555 on a PIC is kind of odd. Just use a timer in the PIC.

JPUG #2 on my site has a PIC reaction timer written in BASIC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back