Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC time, using a Stop Watch, RC time is longer in time is the capacitor bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I learned that one

I want others that are different, can you think of any those please?

Circuits that you have tested or troubleshoot using the EXT. trigger?

Like I used an Ext trigger for XXXX to troubleshoot this board or to test this board

It's like If I was the Hiring person for a job interview and I asked you in your whole career what did you use the EXT. Trigger on the O-scope for and to do what, and you should say? list them please

It's like If I was the Hiring person for a job interview and I asked you in your whole career what did you use the ADD MODE on the O-scope for and to do what, and you should say? list them please

A lot of job interviews ask me this , so I need to know

Billy, as of May of 2013 I retired after electronics placing food (beanies and weenies) on the table for about 45 years. So while I still have my interest in electronics and assorted electronic test equipment piled up around the house now that I am finished with working in the field I plan to devote more time to my other hobby and love of my life which is my shooting sports. Maybe combine some of my electronics knowledge with my shooting sports. Finally the time I always wanted for my hand loading of my ammunition and testing my loads on the range. Billy, I am sorry but I will not be providing example after example to demonstrate what a scope will or will not do.

When I was hiring people for a job, especially technicians, I looked for kids with at least an associate degree. Those we chose to interview were asked to bring in a college transcript of their grades. Those who got that far I would hand drawings of circuits we used and ask them to explain what the circuit did and why. We started technicians off with a good benefit package at a salary of around 50K annually which for our area isn't bad money. I never asked what I see as stupid questions, however, if I was curious about a prospects ability to use a scope we took a walk down the hall to my lab and they were given an opportunity to demonstrate their skills. I figure it this way, I wanted competent technicians in my charge because if they weren't it was more work for me and as I got older I wanted less work.

The reason I keep suggesting you start doing more working with a scope is so you become more familiar with the scope. Billy, I have every faith that with minor effort you can create your own examples. Me or anyone else placing you on a diet of examples and feeding them to you isn't going to really help you very much. You know what the functions do so figure out some applications for them.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back