Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radeon 9800XL missing capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomschm

I need help with my Radeon 9800XL=MS-8934(MSI) AGP-Card. One SMD-VS-Capacitor (C399) is missing. The neighbored ones (C400) have a red-brown center and silver edges. Can anybody tell what capacity it should have or where I´d find it out? Thx in advantage, tomschm

radeon missing capacitor

I foolishly "removed" it myself by accident while I was trying to replace the cooler. I noticed this too late so I couldn´t find that little piece no more. I can easily buy a new one as soon as I know what capacity it should have, so thx for any information, tomschm

It's probably a ceramic from the color description, but you never can be sure. The value... well.. who knows. Probably have to call the company. Where did you get the 'VS' from? I'm guessing that might mean it's a ceramic bypass cap for the power/voltage supply.

Can you tell the case size?

You could guess for 10 years and never get it. Try finding another user that has the same card as you and getting them to send a high res picture of the same area on the board, post it alongside with an equivilant picture of your board.

the "VS" did I take from a catalogue of "Conrad-Electronic", where the SMD VS Capacitors look just like the one I need. The case is very little, I guess about 2X4mm. As the AGP-Card has 8 pipelines ther are just 8 of these capacitors ( 7 left, directly connected to the Cards CPU ). We tried to get the value from the other SMDs, but it didn´t work. There will be no supply from MSI, because it´s an OEM-Card (which they do build but not supply - great company...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back