Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R.P.S's Rated Power Handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screech

Is this rotary position sensor rated at 1 watt?
I ask because I don't understand it's specs.
see pic:

thanks.

Screech said:
see pic:

Yes, but bear in mind that's absolute maximum for the entire track, half the track would only be rated at 0.5W, and so on.

However, I would suggest running it at far less power!, I notice the spec advises using a high input impedance amplifer as a buffer!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Screech said:
see pic:

Yes, but bear in mind that's absolute maximum for the entire track, half the track would only be rated at 0.5W, and so on.

However, I would suggest running it at far less power!, I notice the spec advises using a high input impedance amplifer as a buffer!.

Thanks Nigel, I will be using a lot less power then that.

Screech said:
Thanks Nigel, I will be using a lot less power then that.
I dont know what a high input impedance amplifer as a buffer is, but I will use the senor as a voltage divider hooked up to a LM3914 LED driver chip.
The Led driver will then switch on stuff.

That's fine!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back