Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low power consumption relays

soonguy

Dear wise people

I wish to make a power failure alert on the radial mains circuit that powers our freezer in its own shed. Our old distrution system had a single house-wide trip, so that we'd know if the power was off to the freezer. Our new distribution unit of course has individual trips, so it would be perfectly possible not to notice the freezer shed had tripped out, many hours or worse. I therefore intend to make a noticeable alarm with lamp and probably buzzer alarm, to come on if there was a trip, using a 240v relay. (Lamp and buzzer would represent a very low load on the relay.) I notice that so many relay coils have quite a power usage. As so many household things are already needing necessary standby consumption, a really economical relay seems a good thing to use for something that is on all the time. The most economical relay I could find, at only 50mw is this one from Radio Spares. But they only come in packs of 10. Please would anyone know of how to buy a single one of this type, or something of comparable power usage? Many thanks.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back