Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanYB

I am now starting to test the wall vibration experiment, which requires a large number of vibration sensors. I have some doubts there:

1. Do these sensors need to be affixed to the wall, can they be affixed directly with tape?

2. Are there any particulars about the distribution of sensors?

3. In the choice of sensor, should I choose the one with its own power supply?

4. Is the sensor and the data acquisition card directly connected by wire, or can it be transmitted wirelessly?

Before doing this, I also search for some sensors such as MAX30102 Sensor, BME680 Gas Sensor, BNO080 Sensor, VL53L1X laser-ranging Sensor etc. I am very interested in this kind of sensor Laser-Ranging Sensor. Does it fit into this? I also read its reference datasheet.

Anyone who has done similar experiments before, can you recommend me a few sensors?

Many thanks for your kind answer.

Yours sincerely,
SeanYB

Need to know a whole lot more about your "wall vibration experiment." Things like

o How big is the wall.

o What are you trying to prove.

o Will the wall be excited? What is providing the excitation and how much?

o Frequency range of interest, and magnitudes expected.

o What will be measured (acceleration, velocity, displacement?) by what type of sensor.

Etc., etc., etc.

When I was searching for a sensor to learn the frequency of my hobby pulse jet engine I learned there are many different kinds and they all have different names. The trick is to learn the names so you can search for them. Sensors attached to the wall may effect the frequency of the wall. Search for laser sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back