Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QR Barcode reader with PIC16f877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdo.medo1000

Hey all ,
I hope a good and safety day for you,

I'm working on a Door Lock system project with RFID module using Pic16f877a and I want to add QR reader to my project and make different QR codes and sore their information and when the users show their QR code the door should opens !,
Actually I made the project except this QR feature and I have searched a lot about how to Interface QR codes into my project and I found that I can use "ESP 32 cam "module but I couldn't make it work so I'm looking for other ways to add this feature to my project ,
is there any barcode reader can I use with Pic16f877a and its library available on MicroC Pro ?
or what should i do ,
I'm looking forward for your advice

Thanks,

QR codes are so cool! I saw a guy encrypt a game inside a QR code only like one or two MB but was still pretty neat.

QR codes are so cool! I saw a guy encrypt a game inside a QR code only like one or two MB but was still pretty neat.
Standard QR codes can hold ~50 characters, the very hires ones about 1200. One or two MB is huge and not possible with a QR code.

Mike.
Edit QR codes are used to access easter eggs in games. Maybe that's what you saw.

Your right, only two KB! I guess I take for granted the amount of memory available in this day and age.

When I used to write games for the NES we had 16k (32k if lucky) ROM and 2k of RAM. A megabyte was unimaginable.

Mike.

When I used to write games for the NES we had 16k (32k if lucky) ROM and 2k of RAM. A megabyte was unimaginable.

Mike.
It's crazy how quickly memory technology has progressed in just a matter of a few years, heck we even got TB micro SD cards now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back