Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM DIMMER using IC 555, FADE IN- FADE OUT WITH DELAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MihajSimi

Hi there,

How can I mofify the PWM to get this:

1.PRESS OFF THE BUTTON. TURN ON THE 555 and FADE IN, mean get lineary boost of the duty cycle from 0%-100% (by for ex. 2 seconds)

2.PRESS OFF THE BUTTON. TURN OFF THE 555 by 10 seconds delay by fading out. 100% - 0% the same (by for ex. 2 seconds)

How can I do that? :(

I just set this on prototype board to get the ordinary 555 PWM. Can be modified to do my purpose? If, then how? :(

The schema i used
**broken link removed**

one option is to replace the 100K pot with a 100k digital pot. You can get digital pots that simply increase or decrease their resistance depending on whether an input is high or low during a clock cycle. There are several ways to take this project, what elements are you comfortable working with?

I am absoulutely amateur. :)

I like the idea of a digital potenciometer :) But what will it change... ???

I mean how to do the fade in/out and delay...

I have a question... little off the topic... The digital pot. can be bypassed?

I mean if wanted someday to extend this circuit by another input, for example computer to do the job, can it be bypassed? and controlled via comp? without manual switching the control device (pot / comp)???

Is that a simple way to make it DIGITAL from Input till Output?

I mean for example 16bit communication for 65536 steps for smooth fading IN/OUT.

Is there a simple way to do that? Is there a way to build the wheel without positions (digital) used on some stereos? I want it digital cause of later communication with PC. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back