• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Puzzle over symptoms


New Member
I am trying to repair a motorola moto g play cell phone. It suddenly went dead. I have disassembled the phone and removed the battery and motherboard. The battery appears fine it takes and holds a charge and lights a 6 volt bulb. When I measure resistance from battery + terminal to ground I get approx 1 meg ohm and reducing suggesting capacitors are being charged. If I then connect the battery( 3.8 volts) nothing appears to happen but if I then disconnect the battery the resistance from battery + terminal to ground shows a short. After about 10 mins doing nothing the short disappears !. Is this a faulty capacitor ? Which components fail in this way ?How might I identify the suspect device ?

Thanks for any help and Happy New Year. Tony

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles