Pushbutton relay switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GomoX

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, I arrived here googling for problems with a circuit I found on the web and I'm trying to build.
This is the schematic:
**broken link removed**
I found an old post where a user showed some major flaws on it and suggested corrections, including a Schmitt trigger and adding a diode in series with the relay.
Another user suggested another (simpler) circuit instead, but the image link to the diagram he posted was broken.
I can't find the thread anymore, but I would like to ask for suggestions on a circuit to achieve the same function: toggling on and off a relay with a press of a pushbutton. I don't want to use a mechanic switch.
I am building a footswitch for a Fender amplifier's distorsion. I would like to power the circuit from batteries so a 3V V+ would be nice, but I can also use 9V (4 AA batteries don't fit inside my pedal case).

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance, and congratulations on such a great forum.

Hi ComoX,
This circuit works well from a 9V battery. You can parallel the unused inverters for more output current.

Attachments

• alternate-action_again_835.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,096
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…