Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pushbutton relay switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GomoX

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, I arrived here googling for problems with a circuit I found on the web and I'm trying to build.
This is the schematic:
**broken link removed**
I found an old post where a user showed some major flaws on it and suggested corrections, including a Schmitt trigger and adding a diode in series with the relay.
Another user suggested another (simpler) circuit instead, but the image link to the diagram he posted was broken.
I can't find the thread anymore, but I would like to ask for suggestions on a circuit to achieve the same function: toggling on and off a relay with a press of a pushbutton. I don't want to use a mechanic switch.
I am building a footswitch for a Fender amplifier's distorsion. I would like to power the circuit from batteries so a 3V V+ would be nice, but I can also use 9V (4 AA batteries don't fit inside my pedal case).

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance, and congratulations on such a great forum.

Hi ComoX,
This circuit works well from a 9V battery. You can parallel the unused inverters for more output current.

Attachments

• alternate-action_again_835.gif
    alternate-action_again_835.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,089
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back