Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pull My Hair out, Optical Tachometer - PIC16F628A

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right
Eric !
earlier I tried a *.rar file and it did not accept. i have now installed winzip and it is perfect.
Great of you and thanks

Attachments

• dustinbfiles..zip
    348 KB · Views: 231
Well I got the new circuit built and had a problem with the 317 output and adjust leads being reversed, but I was able to figure that one out. Everything is up and running except for the IR sensor, tried reversing the leads and no luck. Going to test it with a meter tonight and see if I can figure it out. Should be able to have this project completed this week.

I had another question though, you had asked if I had access to a scope at the start of this thread Eric. This got me thinking that a lot of this could have been sorted out with the use of a scope. I've been reading around trying to find some information about what kind of scope to buy.

So far I found out I will likely need something with dual input and tektronix is a good brand to go with. I've seen a lot of older scopes on ebay for affordable prices. What tektronix model would you suggest I get? I see all this stuff about analog scopes, digital storage scopes, sampling rates, and then of course the Hz rating. It's kind of hard to make sense of all this.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as far as type, features, specs, possibly some models to look at,etc... I'm going to be at my degree level classes in electrical engineering in about a year or so and would like something that will get me through my degree as well.

Also, are there any guides online about how to actually use a scope for troubleshooting? I wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do with it if I had one.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back