Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pspice simulation of sample and hold circuit help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

divk1991

Hi!
I have created spice schematics circuit of a sample and hold circuit consisting of 2opamps, n-channel MOSFET, and two voltage sources. The output doesnt resemble samplen hold. I have attatched the .png files of the circuit and simulation. Please help!
Thanks!

Attachments

• snh1.png
    snh1.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 650
  • snh2.png
    snh2.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 603
Hi!
I have created spice schematics circuit of a sample and hold circuit consisting of 2opamps, n-channel MOSFET, and two voltage sources. The output doesnt resemble samplen hold. I have attatched the .png files of the circuit and simulation. Please help!
Thanks!

hi,
The IRF150 is a 40Amp high power MOSFET, look at the datasheet and check the die capacitances, it totally unsuitable.
Those spikes are due to the MOSFET switching capacitances.

Select a faster, low power FET.

That's part of the answer. Another problem is that the non-inverting inputs of the op-amps need a bias current. Connect each pin 3 to ground via a respective bias resistor (say 330k), connect U1 pin3 to V3 via a series resistor (say 1k), and connect U2 pin3 to C2 via a series resistor (say 1k).

Last edited:
That's part of the answer. Another problem is that the non-inverting inputs of the op-amps need a bias current. Connect each pin 3 to ground via a respective bias resistor (say 330k), connect U1 pin3 to V3 via a series resistor (say 1k), and connect U2 pin3 to C2 via a series resistor (say 1k).
Those inputs don't need resistors. The get all the bias current they require through their connections. Why do you think there should be resistors? The inputs just need a DC path for the input bias current, which they all have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back