Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronman

Hi,

I work with Proteus 7.2 to simulate a RC circuit.

Now I want to see the real time while the circuit is working (i.e the proteus show me the real time by itself or via any seven segment or any option it does.)

Can somebody help me and let me know how to do so?
Is there any option in the software to do so?

Thanks

Hi Electronman,

have you noticed the virtual instrument selection button on the left hand side?
The icon looks like an analog voltmeter.

You might use the digital scope (4 channel) to see what's going on in the circuit.

If you kick off the scope during simulation you can get it back when using "Debug" and select digital scope.

Boncuk

Attachments

• digital-scope.gif
    digital-scope.gif
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,194
  • ISIS.gif
    ISIS.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:
Thanks for your reply,

Yes I noticed it before,
But I want to see the real time??
Before I noticed that there is an "counter timer" there where you mentioned but It did not provide me a real time counting??!

A timer won't show you the voltage slope of a slowly charging cap.

An oscilloscope does it. You can read (and adjust) the time setting from 500ns to 200ms per horizontal division, and the input voltage from 2mV to 20 per vertical division.

Calculate frequency using f(Hz)=1/t(sec)

If you want to have the frequency >1Hz displayed using the counter change the properties to indicate frequency. The freqency counter displays frequencies only as integer values. So you don't know if the frequency is 50 or 51Hz. With a scope and the proper setting you can!

In addition your question was not worded to be easily understood what you really want to measure. (Frequency measurement is far away from real time analysis.)

Boncuk

Last edited:
What's an "Officially installed clock"?

Yea I want something like a clock in the proteus. when I start the run kye then the clock starts counting by real time.

Is the oscope in the software able to directly measures the real time?

Officially installed clocks (public buildings, railway stations etc.) are synchronized with a master clock which is based on a ruby in Germany.

This clock has a time deviation of 0.1 seconds within a time period of 300,000 years.

Once again: You can't read the real time from a circuit. You can make real time simulation though.

And yes, you can configure the timer in ISIS to count 1/1,000, 1/100, 1/10, one second, minutes and hours.

Last edited:
In the US, Colorado has the official US time standard, I think they currently use a cesium atomic fountain which is a basically a laser beam fed into a super cooled cesium gas in a resonant microwave chamber. It won't gain or lose a second for the next 80 million years.

Last edited:
Once again: You can't read the real time from a circuit. You can make real time simulation though.
Yea I want a real time Simulation, Sorry for my broken And poor english.

And yes, you can configure the timer in ISIS to count 1/1,000, 1/100, 1/10, one second, minutes and hours.
How to do so?
I want to read or see the time constant with using different capacitors. How to do so? Where is the option?
Suppose I have a 1F capacitor and a 1ohms resistor, I want the Proteus to show me the time so that I could see that my capacitor would be fully charged after 5 seconds.

i think he (Electronman) is talking about voltage Vs time plot for RC net work. like transient analysis in spice simulation

Last edited:
i think he (Electronman) is talking about voltage Vs time plot for RC net work. like transient analysis in spice simulation

Not really but It is good to see it too.

I want to see if the proteus is able to show me the time for something like the above example I made? If so, where is the option?

Hi Electronman,

you can't just hook up a capacitor and a resistor and demand any simulation software to show you the elapsed time until the cap is fully charged.

You must make a circuit to start the counter (configured as clock) when charging is initiated and stop it as soon as the cap is charged.

Based on the fact that a cap has a capacitance of 1F if the discharge current flow of 1A is maintained for 1 second you then can calculate the capacitance.

It seems to me you even haven't tried to simulate using the stopwatch function yet.

Right click on the counter and select "EDIT".
a pupup window will show you the setting. Change to hr.min.sec. and you'll get the timer displayed like this. The example shows an elapsed time of 11 seconds and 450/1000 seconds.

Boncuk

P.S. Please omit quoting texts I hadn't written:

Yea I want a real time Simulation, Sorry for my broken And poor english.

Attachments

• time.gif
    time.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Thanks Boncuk,

I have tried that counter timer before but the problem is that its time counting is not based up on real time, I ran it and saw the result by a digital real clock, when my clock reached to 60 seconds the counter was mounted at 50 seconds!

Very strange.

My time indication is always true.

yea , Thats the main reason I s started this topic! My PC Time seems to have a problem, WHats your idea about this? Maybe it causes a problem for the software Timing?

Thanks Boncuk,

I have tried that counter timer before but the problem is that its time counting is not based up on real time, I ran it and saw the result by a digital real clock, when my clock reached to 60 seconds the counter was mounted at 50 seconds!

50 hz mains freq?

Boncuk,

Are you sure that your timer works based upon real time clock?
Do you connect it to something while using it in proteus?

hertz

you can use logic analyzer in the virtual instruments to see how square wave look like by connecting lead to it and simply click capture . after that you can place pointer at rising edges and find the time constant and the frequency.
i hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back