Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power station related question

Status
Not open for further replies.

samina

1.Private generation: industrial co-generation, capacity generation.
2.Interconnected System: Capacity savings, power sharing amongst units for economic allocation

Can anyone help me understanding the above topics?

regards
samina

1.Private generation: industrial co-generation, capacity generation.
2.Interconnected System: Capacity savings, power sharing amongst units for economic allocation

1. Private generation: Any electrical power generated apart from the power generated by publicly owned power companies (at least here in the USA).

Industrial co-generation: For example, power generated from the excess (or waste) heat of an industrial process that is then used to heat water to steam which is then used to power a electricity generating turbine.

Capacity generation: Total (or maximum) electrical power generation by generation type (private, in this case, if I'm following your question sequence correctly), generally subdivided by energy source.

2. Interconnected Systems: Capacity Savings. I'm not sure in what context this concept was discussed. Inter-connectivity amongst various power generating entities serves two purposes:

A. Back-up power availability during times of excess demand across (or between) usage areas and,

B. A reduction in the need for additional capacity within a single usage area. This results in a reduction in the costs of generation developmental costs within a particular usage area.

Lastly, "power sharing amongst units for economic allocation" sounds like governmental gobbledygook...:confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back