Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power point question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I am making a ppt presentation. I have a cool image I want to use but it has a white background. I want to use a color background for ppt, and the white background image does not look well with the background on ppt. Does PowerPoint allow transparent images? I tried to convert image with photoshop, but it did not work.

Thanks

I am making a ppt presentation. I have a cool image I want to use but it has a white background. I want to use a color background for ppt, and the white background image does not look well with the background on ppt. Does PowerPoint allow transparent images? I tried to convert image with photoshop, but it did not work.

Thanks

Hi Mike,

I'm not a PowerPoint user but a quick search turned this up: Adam's Transparency Tutorial (Alpha channels and more) . Might be useful. For the search I used the terms 'powerpoint alpha channel'.

What steps are you using to convert the white areas of the image to transparency?

Torben

Thanks Torben, I create a transparent gif using Pshop, it works for web pages but not on Powerpoint. I think I will just have to use a white background. Less exciting, but I suppose presentation is most important anyways. :)

Thanks Torben, I create a transparent gif using Pshop, it works for web pages but not on Powerpoint. I think I will just have to use a white background. Less exciting, but I suppose presentation is most important anyways. :)

Hi Mike,

If you read the tutorial, it never mentions GIFs (which don't support a real alpha channel). I wouldn't really recommend them for anything except simple web animations anymore. Sometimes they're useful for icons or whatnot but the limited colour palette and lack of support for true transparency makes them a pain in the butt a lot of the time.

Try it with a PNG instead. You might find yourself happier with the result. :)

Good luck,

Torben

Okay Torben, thanks. Alpha channel, that might be the ticket. Will give it a go.

Thanks

Wait - you can do it with a transparent .gif. Are you sure the background is really transparent? Try it with this image -

Attachments

• mikebits.gif
    mikebits.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back