Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggler73

hi

this is not my design i got it from another forum i just wanted someone to have a look over this and make sure im doing this right or wrong and give me some help in doing it right
thanks

Attachments

• stripboard..jpg
    stripboard..jpg
    64 KB · Views: 145
  • Rail Splitter2..jpg
    Rail Splitter2..jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 135
It looks like an odd solution.

It contains a couple of redundant components:

R4 can be replaced with a short circuit.

R3 can be replaced with an open circuit.

Isn't it supposed to be an active Power Supply splitter? i.e. it makes +9.5V and -9.5V from a 19V input.

How much current are you planning to draw off the two rails?

it will have a adapter plug on the case connected to the + and - on the board

9v on each rail

its to power my headphone amp from a 19v adapter, replacing the 2 9v batteries

all i need to know really is that ive planned out the stripboard properly from the diagram

thanks

It uses a high power op-amp which is certainly enough to power a pair of headphones.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/04/L22FL272.pdf

As I said above, remove R3 and R4. I checked the datasheet and it seems like it'll be stable for unity gain so it will be fine.

EDIT:

You've asked this question before haven't you?

I fogotten whether it was here or on another forum.

Last edited:
No, it does not appear to be laid out correctly. Vcc is going directly to pin 7. The voltage divider R1 & R2 is not configured correctly. I second Hero's suggestion that you eliminate R3 & R4 and place a wire jumper in place of R4. Correct the issues, then I would recommend testing before you put it to use.

To test the output, I suggest you take the two removed resistors and place one from the 19V rail to pin 1 and the other from the ground rail to pin 1 (a test load). Then measure the voltage across each, which should be ~9.5V for both. Then replace the 10K with another 1K and repeat the measurement, which should also be ~9.5V

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back