Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power-on time delay relay circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

themikestar

i need a circuit so that when power is applied to it the a relay will close after about 10 secs and stay on. It should be a very simple circuit but i have tried 3 circuits now and none have worked.

cir1 = worked perfectly for a led but outputs a maximum of 5v (not enough to drive a relay)

cir2 = i thought i had it working , but all it does now is outputs 10v straight away there is no delay.

cir 3 = i couldn't get any 2n3053 so i used a 2n2222, when i use a led as an idicator it is very dull until i tap the 47k resistors led with metal and then it brightens (there are no loose connections), so basically it doesnt work either.

can someone please tell me how to get any of these ciruits to work or could someone suggest another circuit to try.

please help

Attachments

• untitled2_993.jpg
    untitled2_993.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 730
Try this circuit...

Attachments

• relaydelay_265.gif
    relaydelay_265.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 965
  • relaydelayN.GIF
    relaydelayN.GIF
    1.6 KB · Views: 658
the circuit only works when i run it from 2-6 volts, i need it to run from 9v how can i drop the voltage down to around 5 or 6 volts, itried using resistors but it didn't work. cani use zeners or something ??.

7805 or Zener/Resistor? How much current do you need from the 5v?

i only need ennough current to run the timer circuit and a very small 5cv relay.

is this circuit how i do it, if so what size should the resistor be ??

Attachments

• untitled_111.jpg
    untitled_111.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 736
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back