Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power MOSFET Gate Charge Vs. Gate-source-voltage Charateristic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanurbe

Hello To All,

Hope this message finds everyone well. I have the following question:

The Qg Vs. Vgs characteristic provided for many power MOSFETs is often limited to a peak Vgs of 10V and it is given for some assumed test conditions (i.e. Vds = 300, Id = 55A, & Ig = 10mA - please see link below for datasheet). That being said, my questions are:

1) How should the required gate charge be determined if the devise is to be operated at a different set of values than those assumed by the manufacturer in generating the Qg Vs. Vgs characteristic curve.

2) If a Vgs of 15V is desired (i.e. to achieve minimum Rds-on), is it acceptable to obtain the required gate charge by extrapolating the given Qg Vs. Vgs characteristic?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Regards,

Bryan

Datasheet: **broken link removed**

All of mine have always been slower than calculated. But you can give this a read.
**broken link removed**

Hello again bry,

Why did you make another post the same as the last one, except for text case in the topic header?
Did you see my last response in your original post thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back