Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plug problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamboMorgan

Hi,

I pretty much no nothing about electronics!
My situation is that I have recently bought a Cold Cathode light kit, which was running smoothly until I dropped the plug or transformer as it could be called. This put it straight out of action as there is a huge rattle inside! The transformer details are:
Model : HB-DC 12V 1000
Input : 230V - 240V 50Hz
Output : 12VDC 1000mA

I have two spare transformers which are different models but the same spec apart from one has 300mA and the other 500mA

If i use any of these as a replacement will it damage the lights or the Inverters in the kit?

Many Thanks for reading!

James Morgan

hi james,
As your original transformer is rated at 1000mA [ 1 Amp]

Model : HB-DC 12V 1000
Input : 230V - 240V 50Hz
Output : 12VDC 1000mA

the 300 and 500mA are under rated for the light, dont use.

A 1000mA 12V mains transformer isnt very expensive.

Whats the damage to the original transformer, it maybe just a broken terminal,
lets know.

They are too small.

The broken unit is 1000mA (1 Amp), the 300 mA (3/10 Amp), and 500 mA (1/2) Amp. Both are too small to put out the current the original one did.

You also have to make sure the the plugs have the correct polarity. On some the center is + and other it is -.

Please do not post the same msg twice.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, i'l invest in a new transformer,

damage to the transformer is there is a large heavy componet inside that moves, i thought I could of opened it but on this one I cant! and there is no power going through when attempted to be used.

my computer glitched and added the post twice but i already deleted one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back