Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please suggest a DTMF generator chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkshima

hi guys,

can someone suggest a cheap DTMF tone generator chip which can be interfaced with the computer thru the parallel (or other) port ?

need it to build a remote that can be operated hand held as well as plugged into the parallel port.

any other suggestions also welcome.

bye,
Shima

so you want to use a remote to control the robot, but then connect it to the computer and connect it trough the comuter to control the robot?

Have a look at the HT9200 by Holtek

The data sheet is at...

**broken link removed**

Uses 4 data bits (in parallel mode) plus a couple of control bits so easy to control from the parallel port. You can also use serial control if you wish.

Minimum external components required to build a practical circuit.

If you want a DTMF receiver then look at the HT9170.. data sheet at....

**broken link removed**

Have Fun.
:lol:

thx pilot for the link. but i guess i will have trouble locating the IC
in my area. also i guess this would b a bit pricy.

actually UM91214B is more common here but its datasheet is not available anywhere on the net. i just wanted to c if it can b interfaced to the compu.

thx anyway.

bogdanfirst c the other post.

great pal !!!!!!
but the datasheet doesnt make clear whether the chip can b interfaced with a microcontroller/computer. what do u say can t be ?

thx a lot again,
Pradeep K. Shima

Hi.

Does any one know of where i could find a simple circuit that makes use of the HT9200 and HT9170.

i need to build an encoder and decoder for a project at college, and so far have had trobble finding any circuits ont the internet.

Thanks for any reply.

Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back