Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help to convert: 115V 60Hz to 400Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

hninlay

I am new to this fourm. I am an undergraduate at SJSU. I need help on how to change the frequency of the line to 400Hz?
basically, I am trying to run a fan that requires 115V 1A 400Hz. I can do the regulating of the line, vary from 90V to 255Vac. Isolating the line is just a transformer, I believed. Please advice on how to change the frequency. Thank you.

You might be able to get a motor-generator(actually alternator) from a surplus place like Nebraska Surplus sales. Lots of WWII surplus from planes and ships used 400 Hz so the problem is not a new one. I realize that this might not be the answer but you might find the information you need from people who collect and operate WWII surplus military equipment - there's a few guys out there still doing it.

the way i think of it is to rectify the mains, filter it and then use a sinusoidal oscilator to generate the 400Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back