Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLEASE HELP! No output on my tesla coil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your using the garage door rail for a ground? Most door rails are just bolted to the wood frame of the garage, how is that a ground? Have you tried to narrow the safety spark gap? It looks like maybe what ever was sparking,(PCB?) may have been destroyed if it was electronic.

You can usually get decent arcs even without grounding, though I really wouldn't recommend it for larger tesla coils. It shouldn't prevent it from operating, though.

I think the problem is with the transformer/capacitor matching, and from there it's just tuning. I would also suggest taking off the topload, or at least putting a breakout point (nail or something else with a semi-sharp edge). Otherwise the charge on the toroid will be dissipated without actually breaking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back